Thursday 10 December 2015

Day 10 - Top 3 gifts on a budget!

So I already have a Top 3 gifts list (here), however this one is on a budget. For today, all the gifts that I have chosen are under £5, trialed and tested by Toffee, and natural products so that they are healthy for your piggies.
*Like my previous gifts post, these are not in any particular order*



1. Seagrass Ball

For me this is perfect gift for guinea pigs because it includes two of their favourite things - playing and eating. These are quite big but seriously good value for money as most are no more than £3. Although Toffee does eat it a little, she actually prefers to play with it like a football by pushing it around with her nose!

Mini story time: The other day, I walked in on Tof picking up her ball in her teeth and trying to carry it into her house, but seen as the ball is bigger than her doorway - she just sort of bounced off... I laughed at her so I think she's kind of annoyed at me now...

Anyway, back to the review. It's a great little gift that Toffee loves to play with so I would 100% recommend getting one for your piggie(s). I got mine from The Range for just £1.99 which I thought was pretty good! If you would like to buy smaller ones though, they also do a pack of 3 which Toffee had a while back and seemed to love! If you can't get a 'The Range' shop then they sell these in quite a lot of pet shops.

____________________

2. Loofah Chew

Toffee has actually had this for quite a while and it has got quite a bit of wear and tear on it from where she has chewed it quite a lot. Loofah is perfectly safe, but I would recommend that you either read the label to make sure that there is nothing added, or buy it from a pet shop. 

This particular loofah hangs up from a wooden hook and has 3 balls inside of each part of the loofah. Tof has actually chewed it so much that the bottom ball has come off and she ate all of it so there are parts missing, but she still seems to
like it!

I bought mine from Pets at Home for £3 and I'm not sure where else you could buy them, but I'm pretty sure that they will sell them in other pet shops and (as I said before) you can buy just normal loofahs for them - even though I think that it hanging up really adds quite a cute little decoration to the cage!

____________________

3. Sticks

Toffee has these all of the time and absolutely loves them! Unfortunately, she loves them so much that when I went take the picture for this post, it was all gone but I do have one from the website. Toffees favourite are the carrot ones, and they are good for her teeth because they are quite hard biscuit. 

Although Toffee loves hay, she doesn't actually like the hay version of these so if you would like to give your guineas hay biscuits then there are plenty of different biscuits that are made of hardened hay that you can get. I personally got ones from Pets at Home in simple sticks but I'm not actually sure if they still sell those so you may be able to have a look around. 


The hanging sticks that I had were no more than £3 for a pack of two and the two normally last about 2 weeks (1 a week) so they are quite good - although they are great for Christmas, you can just get them all year round because guineas seem to really like them! 

...And there we have, my top 3 gifts for under £5! 
Thank you for reading and Happy Piggymas!


Miss Issippi

http://www.ipet.no/PICTURE/12921-4-supreme-stickles-treats.jpg


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please let me know your thoughts or questions on this topic! If you have any thoughts or questions regarding anything else to do with my blog, then please feel free to use the contact form!