Tuesday 22 December 2015

'The Pig Build'

Hi everyone, so I have recently decided to extend Toffee's cage a little so that she has a little more room! Recently I have had to be continuously swapping her toys because both her tunnel and her ball toy are fairly large and she loves them both, but doesn't actually have enough room for the both of them in at the same time.

Although I can't really build upwards as her shelf with all of her food is above her, I have decided to extend via a small loft and an outwards extension.
To do this, I am going to add a wooden board which will form the main part of the extension, I am then going to support this with smaller wooden blocks. I will most likely attach these with pet safe glue or nails but I will obviously have to look at the safety and security of these options (If you have any suggests, please let me know via the comments section!)

I am then going to build a small slope back into the main living area and add a few slices of wood to it for Tof to grip so that she can make her way up to the loft. I am going to put her house on this loft which takes up most of her cage so it is really important that she can make her way up well!

And that's all I really have so far... now I just need to figure the measurements and materials etc! More updates coming soon once it is build!

Thanks for reading and please let me know your thoughts and/or ideas!

Miss Issippi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, please let me know your thoughts or questions on this topic! If you have any thoughts or questions regarding anything else to do with my blog, then please feel free to use the contact form!